Today 4/14 is Equal Pay Day.
This particular date symbolizes just how far into the year women must work to earn the same pay that men made for the same job in 2014. On average, women make 78 cents to every dollar a man makes, or in time terms: us ladies must work 4 months and 14 days after our salaried year to make as much as our male counterparts. Reese Witherspoon and Patricia Arquette gave rivetting speeches at the Oscars this year, urging us to eliminate the wage gap and ask for more. And they are not the only celebrities who feel this injustice. Even the star-studded industries are not immune to gender inequality when it comes to pay. Check out these celebrity’s stories on their wage gap experience.
Get heated, know your value, and #ask4more this #EqualPayDay.
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017