Remember Ella et Cetera, that adorable fashion blogger whom you’ve probably seen in Teen Vogue? She’s back with her top five back-to-school style trends:
Stressing on what to wear during the new school year? Don’t worry! I’ve rounded up 5 trends that are guaranteed to bring you back to school in style.
All credit is due to model Cara Delevingne for making beanies big. Ever since the it-girl began donning the infamous Homiés (a play off of Hermés) beanie, the hat began trending big-time. These knits brimmed with bold phrases and colorful patterns are sure to receive hats off from all your friends.
What better way to update from a plain t-shirt than to sport a graphic tee? These tees are a perfect way to showcase some of your favorite things—from cartoon characters to foods to musicians! The graphic prints add eye-catching elements when paired with classic jeans and sneakers.
Circle skirts are all the rage. At my school, American Apparel’s circle skirt is a popular piece. Girls can be seen wearing it in an array of fabrics ranging from denim to leather. Such a simple silhouette is easy to wear with a variety of tops; I love pairing the skirt with a collared blouse to give off a schoolgirl vibe.
As Marilyn Monroe once said, “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.” (Or the hallways, for that matter.) If you like to turn it up a notch when it comes to getting dressed for school, smoking slippers are the perfect way to do so. They’re less casual than sneakers but are dressier than ballet flats, and when adorned with lively patterns can put a spring in your step.
Why not top it all off with some jewelry? Delicate earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces add a very feminine touch to any outfit. A bunch of this über thin jewelry can be stacked and layered for a chic mixed-metal look.
Which of these trends (or others) are you excited about rocking when you go back to school?
- Emily-Anne Rigal, Founder of We Stop Hate - February 9, 2018
- Founder of Empower Orphans, Neha Gupta Loves Helping Others - February 8, 2018
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014