Today, June 20, is World Refugee Day, an annual event organized by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) to raise awareness of the plight of refugees around the world. According to the UNHCR, more than 10 million people worldwide are displaced from their homes and are living in camps, makeshifts shelters, or out in the open. More than half of the people the UNHCR serves are children.
This year’s theme for World Refugee Day is “Do 1 Thing,” and the UNHCR is appealing to people everywhere to do just one thing – donate money, spread the word, learn more about the plight of refugees, volunteer, and more – to make a difference.
But don’t take our word for it. Check out this video from UNHCR spokesperson and all-around global do-gooder, Angelina Jolie:
To find out more and get involved, visit the World Refugee Day website.
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018