You may best know Miranda Cosgrove for her work as an actor and singer, playing Carly in Nickelodeon’s hit iCarly, but this young actress is also becoming known for her charity work. And that’s why we’re featuring her this month in our Celebrity Good column!
One of Miranda’s favorite causes is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
In an interview with StayFamous.net, Miranda talks about her work with the hospital:
“I’ve actually done a lot of stuff with St. Jude’s,” Cosgrove said. “And that’s been really fun because I got to go Memphis to meet a ton of teenagers and kids, and also they’ve had kids come to the set to visit.”
“We do these things called run-throughs,” Cosgrove explained. “We’ll just go through the whole episode like a play and all the kids get to come and watch. That’s been a lot of fun.”
In 2010, Miranda added another cause to her list of favorites: The After School Alliance. The organization’s mission is to “ensure that all children have access to affordable, quality afterschool programs.”
Miranda Cosgrove joined the Quaker Chewy Afterschool Rocks effort to bring attention to the critical need for safe, secure and stimulating afterschool programs for all kids.
When she first signed on to support this cause, Miranda had this to say: “I’m really excited to team up with Quaker Chewy and the Afterschool Alliance on this afterschool campaign. I hope that it helps more people understand how afterschool programs can support greater confidence and self-esteem in kids, and the importance of healthy eating afterschool.”
We can’t wait to see what’s next for this mega celeb! To see Miranda involved with her charity work for St. Jude’s, check out this video from when she was honored at Variety’s Power of Youth Awards!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018