February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, and Like a Boss is is proud to bring attention to this important cause.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The goal of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month is to bring national awareness to the issue of abuse in teen and 20-something relationships and promote programs that prevent it.
This is the third year Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month has been recognized, and it’s celebrated by leaders in government, student bodies, schools, youth service provides, community-based organizations, parents, and more.
HERE’S WHY THIS CAUSE IS SO IMPORTANT:
- Nearly 1.5 million high school students nationwide experience physical abuse from a dating partner each year
- 1 in 3 teens in the US is a victim of physical, emotional, or verbal abuse from a dating partner
- 1 in 10 high school students has been purposefully hit, slapped, or physically hurt by a boyfriend or girlfriend
- 25% of high school girls have been victims of physical or sexual abuse
- Only 33% of teens who were in abusive relationships ever told anyone about the abuse
- 81% of parents believe teen dating violence is not an issue or admit they don’t know if it’s an issue
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
– Wear your heart on your sleeve (literally): Make your own or order the official stickers through the Let Your Heart Rule Campaign.
– Write a letter to petition: Petition leaders in the community to celebrate Teen DV Awareness Month with you (download templates from the official website here).
– Join a Group: Get involved in a group that is already celebrating Teen DV Awareness month in your community or online.
– Write an Op Ed: Speak out about the issue of teen dating violence and submit your essay to your local paper. For more on how to write an Op Ed, read our article here.
– Spread the Word Online: Post messages or the Teen Dating Violence Month poster on your Facebook page, Tumbler account, Pinterest, blog, or where ever else you have an online presence.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
We’re looking to feature girls who are involved in our cause of the month! If that’s you, send us an email to tell us what you’re doing and we’ll share your story!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018