Women are buzzing about body image. Size 20, size 2, makeup, no makeup, these are some of the conversations surrounding the true definition of beauty. Many selfies are taken and only the best snaps make it online. Some go a step further by making Photoshop adjustments, from minor complexion changes to major edits like thinning hips and increasing thigh gap. While many chase their ideal of perfection, there is a burgeoning army of women getting vocal about positive body image. Take a look at some of our heros:
Zendaya Gets Photoshopped and SLAMS Magazine! – Clevver News
Zendaya outed Modeliste Magazine for getting heavy handed with photo manipulation. She took to Instagram to show the world her photoshoot’s before and after comparison and state, “I was shocked when I found my 19 year old hips and torso quite manipulated.” She went on to say, “These are the things that make women self-conscious, that create the unrealistic ideals of beauty that we have. Anyone who knows who I am knows I stand for honest and pure self-love.” Bravo Zendaya!
Why Adele’s Views On Body Positivity & Body Image Are So Important – Bustle
Adele has been vocal about body image for years. Though she gets questioned on the topic frequently, in regards to her own body image, she often tells interviewers that it’s not really something she personally obsesses about. Adele promotes “the individual’s ability to choose how beauty standards affect them,” according to Bustle. “The bottom line: People should love themselves until they don’t, and then they can change (but only when they want to).”
5 Models Redefining Beauty in 2015 – Popsugar
Five notable women are “giving beauty standards a makeover” in 2015. They have overcome everything from disability to body shaming to get where they are today. Nobody can forget when Tyra discovered model Chantelle Brown-Young aka Winnie Harlow for cycle 21 of America’s Next Top Model. Despite her vitiligo skin discoloration, she has an unbridled confidence and a drive to succeed that’s taking her to new heights.
5 Celebrities Who Want You to Love Yourself – Popsugar
“It is tough being a woman in the age of Photoshop.” That’s why we need strong role models like Jennifer Lawrence to remind us that “no one should starve to look like a supermodel.” Pink and Rebel Wilson are also among celebs speaking their mind on body image.
Please share this with the other ladies in your life. Thank You!
- 17 Empowering Song Lyrics Every Woman Needs to Hear - May 31, 2017
- 13 Signs You’re Disrespecting Yourself - May 1, 2017
- 4 Steps I Consistently Take to be the Best Me - January 3, 2017
- Just Love Yourself Already, Would Ya?! Here’s 22 Quotes on Why - September 16, 2016
- Adulting: What I Wish I’d Known Before Renting My First Apartment - September 3, 2016
- Tackle Stress with What You Eat - August 5, 2016
- Wanna Get Risky? 8 Ways to Enjoy the Fringe Benefits - July 23, 2016
- This High-Earning Poker Pro Tells Us Why It’s Awesome to Be Underestimated - July 18, 2016
- The Day I Snapped Out of It & Started Professional Blogging - July 8, 2016
- Wake Up Your Innovation Goddess - July 6, 2016