You can hardly flip open a women’s magazine these days without being bombarded with articles like “How to Get Great Abs by Summer!” or “Get Fit for Your Friend’s Wedding!” At Like a Boss Girls, we care about your body too, but we’re not worried about your abs, your muscles, or what size jeans you wear.
We do care about how well you’re taking care of your body – how kind you are to it, how much rest you give it, how much water and healthy foods you feed it. Because after all, you only get one, and it’s your body that’s going to carry you through your journey as you build your dreams, spark your own movements, and make a difference in today’s world.
When we talk about body care, we’re talking about treating your body with respect, being grateful for the fact that your body gets you through each day, and making smart choices that will keep you physically healthy. Taking care of one’s body is a lifelong job, so the earlier you get into the habit, the better.
Don’t know where to start? No worries. That’s what we’re here for. Here are five simple ways to incorporate more body care into your daily life:
1. Get More Sleep: It’s common knowledge that most adults are woefully overtired from logging too few hours of sleep. Click here for information fromThe National Sleep Foundation, detailing average sleep requirements by age group. Get enough sleep and you’ll have more energy during the day, your brain will be sharper, and you’ll be in a better mood to boot.
2. Drink More Water: According to the Mayo Clinic, people should drink around eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day. Why? Water helps every system in your body run more smoothly, from flushing toxins out of your organs to keeping your body hydrated so you feel energized. Side benefit? Drinking plenty of water makes for healthier skin!
3. “Listen” To Your Body Every Day: Take 1-5 minutes out of your day to get comfortable, close your eyes, and do a quick body scan. Your body is often first to know if something is going on that you should pay attention to. For example, if you realize you’ve got nervous knots in your stomach, you might want to reflect and see if there’s any reasons why you may be anxious.
4. Wash Your Hands: We know this is no news flash, but hey, if it helps prevent you from getting sick, it’s worth mentioning! (Because after all, when you’re sick, you’re definitely not going to be up for tackling all the goals you’ve set for yourself!). So, wash your hands with warm water and soap several times a day and you’ll be less likely to transfer bacteria or viruses you’ve come in contact with into your body.
5. Get 15 Minutes of Sun a Day: We realize this one isn’t always easy depending on where you live (hello, can you say rainy Seattle?), but when you can, head outside without sunscreen for 10-15 minutes on any sunny day to soak in your recommended amount of Vitamin D, which is good for your bones and helps to protect against a number of autoimmune diseases.
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018