If you haven’t heard or seen Beyoncé’s newest album LEMONADE, girl where have you been? The world was first introduced to LEMONADE as a visual album that aired on HBO and it was phenomenal. Beyoncé gave us her rawest, purest most unapologetic version of herself and Twitter exploded.
She celebrated black womanhood through the words of Warsan Shire’s poetry, her lyrics, artistic elements from the Ifa religion, and so much more. I mean, there’s so much to unpack that you have to watch the album at least 3x to get it.
Beyoncé is a boss in her own right, and it was only right that she made a song celebrating hardworking women just like her. The song, 6 INCH HEELS ft. The Weeknd, is everything that you need to get motivated, stay motivated and be a BOSS.
These are our 5 favorite lyrics from 6 INCH HEELS for every girl boss out there:
For the girl boss who knows her worth (and won’t let anybody tell her otherwise).
She works for the money, she work for the money
From the start to the finish
And she worth every dollar, she worth every dollar
And she worth every minute
The one who’s a work-a-holic (and won’t stop until she reaches her dream).
She grinds day and night
She grinds from Monday to Friday
Works from Friday to Sunday
Of course, the one who’s married to the grind (and doesn’t care what you think).
She fights and she sweats those sleepless nights
But she don’t mind, she loves the grind
Also, the girl boss who constantly screams “I’m only about my money!”
Too smart to crave material things
Stacking her paper
Stacking her cake up
And, for the girl boss who shuts down every room she walks in.
Six inch heels, she walked in the club like nobody’s business
Goddamn, she murdered everybody and I was her witness
What’s your favorite song from LEMONADE? Share with us on Twitter @likebossgirls!
- 7 Reasons Why You Need to Start Your New Years’ Resolution Now - December 6, 2016
- 15 Things I Learned On My First Solo Trip to Europe - November 18, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why Phoebe from ‘Hey Arnold!’ was a Silent Badass Boss Girl - October 24, 2016
- 5 ways you can end sexual violence on college campuses right now - October 9, 2016
- A New Boss Girl Anthem from Beyoncé’s LEMONADE - April 26, 2016
- Boss Girls On Campus: Five College Students Talk About The Power of Black Womanhood & Education - February 9, 2016
- #BHM: 5 College Students on the Power of Black Womanhood & Education - February 8, 2016
- Boss Girls on the Street Share Their Summer Success - July 7, 2015
- result167 - June 16, 2015
- Words of Wisdom From The Mamas In Our Lives - May 6, 2015