Why strive for a ‘good day’ when you can have an entire year on your side? These women are sitting right in the pocket of their niche and it’s taking them the distance. They’re thriving and successful for more than a day, a month or a year. They moved past the ‘no’s’ throughout their career and found their ‘yes’ moment. Here are the inspirational women who are paving their own way to success:
- How to Have an Amazing Year Like Taraji P. Henson – Huffington Post
FOX series ‘Empire,’ starring Taraji P. Henson, is the hottest show on broadcast television right now. The show is a ratings and critical success. According to Deadline, ‘Empire’ is the most award-nominated show this season, the most-tweeted about scripted program on broadcast television of all time, and one of the most viewed TV shows right now.
Taraji has found her acting ‘sweet spot’ through the dynamic portrayal of ‘Cookie,’ after working as a television and film actress for 20 years. Through hard work, persistence and great timing, Taraji found the perfect role to play to her strengths. Last July, she received an Emmy nomination, but the Golden Globes 2016 granted her the highest honor of her life with ‘Best Leading Actress in a TV Series, Drama.’ Her big win triggered FOX’s announcement of “Empire’s” third season.
You’ll find Taraji on ELLE’s February 2016 ‘Women in TV’ issue. ELLE names Taraji alongside Priyanka Chopra, Viola Davis, Olivia Wilde and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as women to watch in 2016.
March 30, 2016 marks the third season premiere of ‘Empire.’ Guest stars Oprah Winfrey and Common will join Cookie (Taraji P. Henson) and Lucious (Terrence Howard) in season three. You’re not going to want to miss it!
- Madeline Stuart, Model with Down Syndrome, Reflects on Her Whirlwind Year in Fashion – Today
Madeline Stuart, 18-year-old with Down syndrome, is having the time of her life. In May 2015, she decided to do a photo shoot and post her pics on Facebook… and the post went viral. The explosive amount of social media followers and positive feedback gained the attention of international brands.
The past year has been all about fielding international modeling offers. “She’s walked in multiple runway shows – including for New York Fashion Week – and done photo shoots for leading women’s magazines. Stuart is also scored some major brand partnerships, becoming the face of ‘GlossiGirl Cosmetics’ and the handbag brand ‘EverMaya.’”
Madeline fronts the October 2015 issue of e-magazine ‘Hat Trick’ and fashion/digital brand ‘Melange’ named her ‘Model of the Year’ in 2015. Check out how she’s making her mark on the fashion industry and diversifying the field of modeling one photo shoot at a time:
- La La Anthony Will Co-Produce Lupita Nyong’o Broadway Debut in ‘Eclipsed’ – Deadline
Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o is set to make her Broadway debut in ‘Eclipsed.’ The theatrical play is written, directed and performed entirely by female artists. She’ll join a powerful cast of women which includes Pascale Armand, Akosua Busia, Zainab Jah and Saycon Sengbloh. La La Anthony also makes her Broadway debut as producer.
From March 6 to June 19, 2016, the organizers of ‘Eclipsed’ want to introduce girls to Broadway through the 10,000 Girls campaign. “The initiative aims to bring 10,000 girls from the Tri-State area [of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut] ages 16-24, who likely would never have the opportunity to attend a Broadway show.”
- Meet MØ: The Voice Behind Spotify’s Most-Streamed Track – BBC
“A household name in Denmark, MØ achieved international fame earlier this year as the vocalist [and co-writer] on Major Lazer’s smash hit ‘Lean On’…. Last month, Spotify announced that Major Lazer’s ‘Lean On’ had become its most-streamed song to date. According to the Swedish company, the infectious dancehall record has been heard 526 million times in six months. Played consecutively, that would take 2,709 years.”
MØ released her first album after the success of ‘Lean On’ and a second album is soon to come. Here’s her recent performance of ‘Lean On’ at the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony:
- 17 Empowering Song Lyrics Every Woman Needs to Hear - May 31, 2017
- 13 Signs You’re Disrespecting Yourself - May 1, 2017
- 4 Steps I Consistently Take to be the Best Me - January 3, 2017
- Just Love Yourself Already, Would Ya?! Here’s 22 Quotes on Why - September 16, 2016
- Adulting: What I Wish I’d Known Before Renting My First Apartment - September 3, 2016
- Tackle Stress with What You Eat - August 5, 2016
- Wanna Get Risky? 8 Ways to Enjoy the Fringe Benefits - July 23, 2016
- This High-Earning Poker Pro Tells Us Why It’s Awesome to Be Underestimated - July 18, 2016
- The Day I Snapped Out of It & Started Professional Blogging - July 8, 2016
- Wake Up Your Innovation Goddess - July 6, 2016