Legos is rolling out a new collection of girl-focused products. With the soon-to-be launched Friends collection, kids can build a beauty shop, bakery and even a purple convertible. And this is making some people pretty mad.
New Moon Girls magazine publisher Nancy Gruver is one of them. She says the new sets play to “lowest-common denominator stereotypes.”
“Let’s ask Lego to expand their vision of girls and their interests in the next round of sets they design for girls,” she wrote in a recent blog.
We thought this was a provocative issue to raise with Like a Boss’s young female entrepreneurs: How do you feel about these new Legos? Is it good that Lego is trying to get girls interested in building products — or do these sets play to outdated stereotypes?
If you were an executive at the company, would you get behind the Friends collection or design something completely different for girls?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018