October is about to get spookier. With Halloween less than two weeks away, there is bound to be talk in the hallways of trick-or-treating, fun-sized candies and jack-o-lanterns. And then, of course, the inevitable question: what are you dressing up as for Halloween? Perhaps you have a clear idea of your outfit already. Or maybe you have no clue, and plan to whip up something that day. I may be out of college by now, but I plan on doing something fun with some friends for Halloween. I have been leaning toward the latter—of having no idea what I want to “be”—until now. Here are some smart and sassy costume ideas to get us all started. Let’s take start by taking a nod from current events:
Politician: Wear a smart pantsuit (or skirt-suit!) and a preppy/quirky/American flag pin. Carry around a ballot: You vs. the Boogyman. Run on the platform of fixing the government—more collaboration, no more shutdowns! Whether you dress up as a Congresswoman or the first female President of the United States, you may not get real votes, but you are bound to get a ton of candy in support.
Excited Explorer: Pretty in pink is definitely fun if that’s what you want to be, but keep in mind that you can branch out and explore options outside of the pink spectrum. Be Spiderman if you want! Or think out-of-the-box and be a princess/superhero hybrid.(This is your night to go all out, after all.)
Awesome Activist: And I don’t mean as a costume. This would be legit, all you. Come dressed however creatively you want, but bring along a little treasure trove that could unlock big dreams for others. Go from house to house with your Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF box, and instead of asking for candy, you could raise money for children in need across the globe. Instead of trick-or-treat, it’s all treats!
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014