Last night, I finished up my Christmas shopping (woo-hoo!). While browsing Christmas cards for my family, I found a few gems, but overall, amidst all the sparkles and pretty drawings of holly berries, fir trees and cartoon animals, I was reminded of how blah and generic Christmas cards can be. The experience brought me back to high school, when I thought I would start a holiday card company that could give Hallmark a run for its money.
While that idea never materialized into a company, I still like to play around with holiday greetings every now and then. (Remember my Valentines to the world?) As we’re knee-deep in the holiday season, I thought I’d take some time to write some fun holiday messages to the world. Feel free to add your own in the comment section!
Dear December Holidays,
Whether you are Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa or another December holiday (Boxing Day, anyone?), I am thankful for the opportunities to bring families and friends together. Reminders of why December is my favorite month of the year!
Dear Christmas cookies,
Ode to Christmas cookies! I just baked five different kinds of cookies with friends on Sunday – chocolate chip, peppermint and chocolate, sugar, pinwheel and chocolate peanut butter cups (they practically count!), and it was a blast! I thought I was all cookied out … until the next day rolled around. I may have had two cookies for breakfast that day. No regrets.
The Cookie Monster
You are my favorite holiday accessory ever. Seriously. I’m not usually a glitter kind of girl, but there’s something dazzling about tinsel on a Christmas tree. Thanks for being the icing on the Christmas cake.
You’re almost here! I can’t believe it. 2013 has been an incredible year, but I’m excited for the potential of 2014 – new opportunities, new ideas, new time to take action. Let’s make it happen.
See you soon,
Dear Like a Boss community,
Wow, what a year! From working with Like a Boss brand ambassadors (meet them soon!) to interacting with all of you through this column to working with awesome young female entrepreneurs for our annual Holiday Guide, I am always so inspired by all of you. I admire your entrepreneurial spirits, your smarts, and your commitment to making this world a better place. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2014!
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014