Girls just like you.
I consider Like a Boss to be the perfect place on the Internet that recognizes, embraces and celebrates girls as forces for change. (Editor’s note: Aw, shucks! Thanks, Amanda.) Every day, I read stories of girls who are dreaming up cool inventions, building social enterprises or raising their voices to advocate for causes they care about. You’re creative, smart and entrepreneurial. You’re trail-blazing your own path. I admire all of you!
Now, I’d love for you to meet a Like a Boss kindred spirit. Though I’m sure you know of her already: Malala Yousafzai. Her crusade for universal education—and the tragic perils she has faced in fighting for it—makes her a true hero. Brave. Relentless. Unafraid.
This week, she made an appearance on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” to promote her new book, I Am Malala. Her eloquence and passion gave me chills and definitely impressed The Daily Show audience. And, oh yeah, did I mention she’s only 16 years old?
On this International Day of the Girl and beyond, I hope you take some time to listen to Malala’s wisdom, remember your own strengths and mobilize with your female friends to change the world.
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014