Latest posts by jen (see all)
- Emily-Anne Rigal, Founder of We Stop Hate - February 9, 2018
- Founder of Empower Orphans, Neha Gupta Loves Helping Others - February 8, 2018
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
Fall is my favorite season of all. And I never quite figured out why—until today. As a creative type, fall and I fit right in with each other. Let me tell my reasons, and tell me if you agree in the comment section. I’m sure there are many of you out there, as Like a Boss girls are creative at their core. And speaking of cores…
1. Fall is perfect for turning the fruits of your labor into delicious creations. You can pick apples at an orchard and turn them into cider, or visit a pumpkin patch and turn your finds into jack-o-lanterns or even pumpkin pie—or crumbles, or cobbler, or baked oatmeal… The list goes on and on. My family used to pick pumpkins at a farm near our house. I think I would love using my hands to dig right into the action of farm-to-table fodder, so making cider is on my to-do list for this fall!
2. Got leaves? The maples and oaks and other trees turn their leaves into vibrant reds, golds, and oranges and make for a beautiful backdrop. Who wouldn’t want to paint or write a poem about them? So much inspiration.
3. By now, we’re all used to the cloying heat of summer. But as the temperatures drop, there is something about grabbing the coziest sweater you have, curling up by the fire and diving right into a good book. I don’t have a fireplace at my apartment in Washington, DC, but maybe I will light some candles and let my imagination run wild.
4. Even though I have since graduated from college and am no longer in school, fall instantly makes me think of the back-to-school phenomenon, when students are sharpening their pencils, gearing up their calculators and getting ready to learn, create and explore. I miss those days!
5. Let’s be real. As soon as September hits, everyone has pumpkin-everything on the brain—including pumpkin in their coffee drinks. I have seen my fair share of pumpkin-spiced lattes, and it is only a few days into September! But while I haven’t gone out of my way to get one yet, I secretly love it, and can’t wait for my first sips. Coffee shops are also great places to settle down for an afternoon and work your heart out, so the addition of a pumpkin-spiced latte or an apple cinnamon tea makes the creative juices flow even more—or at least spice them up.
Are you a creative? What do you like about fall?