Valentine’s Day may be a time to celebrate romantic love or the love of family and friends. But you could also consider Valentine’s Day—and the days following it—as a way to profess your appreciation for the causes you care about. I’ve written some Valentines to some of my own—feel free to share yours in the comment section below!
You are my hero. A true crusader for girls’ education worldwide, you are helping everyone to realize the dire importance that educating girls can have—on themselves, their communities and the world. Education not only makes my heart thump but my brain come alive with every new piece of knowledge learned. I hope for a world where everyone shares our love of girls in school.
Your sister in education,
Dear Super Bowl,
This is not a Valentine, but instead a warning: if you do not portray females in a better light during your supposedly hilarious and wow-inducing commercials, I will not be watching.
You have been through a lot lately. Experiencing Hurricane Sandy made me realize that we really need to do something about global warming. Do every little thing we can to take care of you. (Like recycle! And divest from fossil fuels!) We should all treat you like royalty.
Dear Girl Scout Cookies,
Shortbread, peanut butter patties and thin mints—be mine! What doesn’t go better with Valentine’s Day than you, Girl Scout cookies, when we can share a box with someone we love. Sold with girl power, business-savvy attitude, and acceptance, you taste so delicious that we just can’t get enough.
Signed with a full and happy stomach,
If you could write a Valentine to anyone or anything this year, how would it go? Post them in the comment section!
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014