Here’s something that will make you want to sing: Your school can become one of 73 high schools to win a $10,000, $25,000 – or even $50,000 – prize from “GLEE Give a Note,” a campaign to donate $1 million to support music programs across the country.
The campaign, a joint effort between Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and the National Association for Music Education, invites students to make a musical video explaining why their school deserves to be chosen. On October 4, all eligible entries will be put online at GLEE Give a Note for 30 days of public voting. NAfME members will conduct a final vote and announce the winners in December.
The research shows that keeping music alive in schools is more than just a frivolous pursuit – music education has been linked to benefits like higher educational attainment and increased income. Yet, as schools across the nation face budget problems, bands, orchestras and other music programs are finding themselves increasingly silenced.
“Millions of kids are attending schools where music programs have been cut. Each week, GLEE is sticking up for school music, giving a voice to students and teachers who understand that music is essential to a complete education,” said Michael A. Butera, executive director, National Association for Music Education. “Our organization is fighting every day to keep music in our schools so that every kid has the chance to experience it. With GLEE’s support of music education programs, millions of students won’t have to stop believing!”
Has music made a resounding impact in your life? To find out more about GLEE Give a Note, including how you can enter, become an advocate for music education, or donate to to keep music education in schools, start here.
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018