Greetings boss girls (and boss boys)! So I just graduated from NYU (Yankee Stadium and Madison Square Garden was pretty cool, not gonna lie) and I’ve been doing some reflecting on these last 4 years (I’m known to get a little sentimental, even at a good Kleenex ad).
So I love getting words of wisdom from friends and people I admire. I’ve also asked people high up in their fields if they have any regrets and they often give some insightful answers (“Tell the people that you love, that you love them. Every day” ~ Ilana Glazer,
“Be ballsy & have chutzpah”~ Donna Gigliotti,
“Laugh more, worry less” ~ok that one’s my dad hehehe.)
But I’ve realized we should also be asking folks, what DON’T you regret? What are you totally grateful that you did, that you’d do again the same way?
Whether you’re applying to college, starting in the fall and want advice for college freshmen, already well through your university career, or have joined the ranks of alums, I hope these
8 Things I Did in College That I’ll Never Regret ring true with you too.
So friends, you’ve heard my smorgasbord of things I’ll never regret doing in college:
- Going with my gut about school
- Remembering home
- Studying abroad in London
- Prioritizing my mental health & wellness (and taking advantage of free NYU therapy sessions woot woot!)
- Finding a mentor (love you Dixie!)
- Museum-ing with my student I.D. 🙂
- Scheduling weekly girls-night-in
- Starting HelloLucyDesign.com!
What are (or will be!) your regret-nots?
advice for college freshmen
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017