It’s no secret I am an enthusiastic learner about all things live-your-best-life slash be-your-best-self.
(Or if it was a secret for any new readers, it isn’t any more!)
This article is one of the most expansive, informative, bite-sized collection of life-changing knowledge I’ve ever come across.
In fact, I was on bullet 36 and thought, I have to share this with the Bossery before I go any further!
Seriously, take a break from what you’re doing, sit down for 30 minutes and bask in the incredible resource that is this article by Benjamin Hardy.
As always, take what works for you and leave what doesn’t.
I’ve bookmarked this article as a favorite and my plan is to keep one of the life-changing actions on my mind for the day. Then I’ll check back in the next day or so and give another one a go (turns out I’m already doing a good number of these… like making the bed every morning!)
My focus for the day: #11
11. Do something everyday that terrifies you
“A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have.” — Tim Ferriss
But you don’t have to constantly be battling your fears. Actually, Darren Hardy has said that you can be a coward 99.9305556% of the time (to be exact). You only need to be courageous for 20 seconds at a time.
Twenty seconds of fear is all you need. If you courageously confront fear for 20 seconds every single day, before you know it, you’ll be in a different socio-economic and social situation.
Make that call.
Ask that question.
Pitch that idea.
Post that video.
Whatever it is you feel you want to do–do it. The anticipation of the event is far more painful than the event itself. So just do it and end the inner-conflict.
In most cases, your fears are unfounded. As Seth Godin has explained, our comfort zone and our safety zone are not the same thing. It is completely safe to make an uncomfortable phone call. You are not going to die. Don’t equate the two. Recognize that most things outside your comfort zone are completely safe.
Anything left off this list that’s one of your ways to be happier, healthier, and more successful? Let us know!
More best-self stuff like this…
- Femme Finance: 7 Women Who Are Running Finance - January 31, 2018
- When You Know It’s Time To Try Something New with Samantha Citro - January 30, 2018
- Mind of a Mentor: the Art of Adaptability with Samantha Citro - January 29, 2018
- Meet This Mentor: Samantha Citro - January 28, 2018
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017