From the gift-giving, to the party-planning, to the decorating, to the cookie-making, holiday time is both wonderfully joyous AND potentially stress-inducing.
If you want more of the warm ‘n’ fuzzies and less of the anxiety, take this easy first step: BREATHE.
Seriously, when you feel anxiety creeping up, or irritation boiling over, inhale for 5 counts and exhale for 5 counts. Do this about five times and you’ll feel more grounded.
Take it one step further with a few yoga poses for stress-reduction (it’s crazy what just 30 seconds of bending can do for your headspace!).
Well + Good and Core Power Yoga teamed up to give this adorable post on 5 Yoga Poses for a Stress-free, Happy Holiday Season (complete with 5 cute demonstration GIFs!).
If you stand in tree while decorating your tree, maybe the tangled lights won’t seem like as much of a disaster?
MORE LIKE THIS
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017