Last year, Peter Thiel, the founder of PayPal, announced that he was looking for remarkable teens to apply for a Peter Thiel 20 Under 20 Fellowship, in which Fellows pursue innovative scientific and technical projects, learn entrepreneurship, and begin to build the technology companies of tomorrow. During their two-year tenure, each Fellow will receive $100,000 from the Thiel Foundation as well as mentorship from the Foundation’s network of tech entrepreneurs and innovators.
Well, the first Fellows have just been announced, and among them are two incredible young women we want you to know about!
First is Laura Deming, a biotech whiz who started working in a biogerontology lab when was 12, started going to MIT at the age of 14, and today at only 17 years old, is putting her energy in extending the human lifespan for a few more centuries (at the very least). Over the next two years, Laura wants to commercialize anti-aging research through her fund IP Immortal.
Next is Eden Full, a 19-year-old energy guru who founded the venture Roseicollis Technologies and created the SunSaluter, a solar panel rotating system that tracks the sun to optimize energy collection by up to 40% for only $10. Her system, which she began developing when she was only 15, is currently electrifying 2 villages in Kenya!
Congratulations to these truly remarkable trailblazers…they are an inspiration to us all! It must be noted though, that only 2 of the 20 fellows honored this year are young women… (what’s wrong with this picture?). Guidelines for applications for the next round of 20 Under 20 Fellows will be made available soon on the Peter Thiel Foundation website. We hope to see more young women honored next year!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018