I came across this before-bed-activities article in one of my daily perusals of Levo (if you don’t read them, start!). The quick read tells us what 14 successful freelancers do right before bed to increase their productivity and happiness.
It got me thinking about how important nighttime rituals are.
In the past year or so, the studies behind not using our phones and computers and tablets before bed (because it messes with our happy REM sleep) has skyrocketed.
Thus, I try—keyword “try”—to nix the “blue glow” activities 45 minutes before I hit the hay. And I’ve noticed that it really helps! Not only do I go to sleep easier, but I don’t wake up as frequently.
For me, it’s important to establish nighttime rituals. Not just for my productivity the next day, but for my happiness. We all gotta go to bed, so why not make it the most enjoyable experience ever?
Treat yourself to an at-home facial, use a special body lotion you only use at night, change the lighting in your room, and get under the covers with a book. Your head will be hitting the pillow faster than you think.
Got any bed-time routines to share with us boss girls?
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017