Where does the inspiration come from to invent a new product? Sometimes it just comes from following your passion, like 13-year-old Maddie Robinson. Maddie says she’s always loved to draw, and when she was just 8-years-old, she started creating art in the outline of a flip flop. Now, 5 years later, Fish Flops have hit the market.
“I’ve always been a flip flop kind of kid. In 2006, I had the idea to create a brand of flip flops that would combine my love for swimming, fishing, and drawing. I called them FishFlops®. I shared my idea with many of my friends and family and they all smiled and thought I had something special,” says Maddie.
Maddie’s arty footwear is now available in 32 stores throughout Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, and even the Cayman Islands. And a visit to Maddie’s website shows that she’s expanding her empire, by offering Fish Flops apparel, books, and a soon-to-come virtual world.
Find out more at the official Fish Flops website!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018