Introducing The Real Deal.
a new series where millennial women share how they’re taking charge of their lives,
and making it happen for themselves.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You know the old adage, “A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.” And boy is that true.
What joyful successful person do you know that is like “Yeah, I’ve always had this whole being awesome thing in the bag. Challenges? Nope, never. Was just dropped on the top of the mountain, didn’t have to climb up…Mistakes? Ha! I have made none. I just succeeded at everything and didn’t need to learn anything because it was programmed in me since birth.”
We bet that if you know anyone that does sound like that then they probably don’t meet the “joyful, successful” requirement above 😉
Because it is the obstacles and setbacks that actually force us to rise up. To get clever. To think hard. To stand in our greatness.
So Like A Boss Girls wants to hear from you.
Because guess what?
You just might be the final push a girl needs to make up her mind to lift herself up by her bootstraps and get ish done.
- tell us how you’re taking charge of your life and making things happen for yourself
- what area of your life are you #crushingit (career/business-running, wellness, friendships, giving back, etc). ? Tell us what you’ve been doing to make this an awesome area of your life
- what led up to you deciding to change your life/mindset/habits?
- was there a “final straw”?
- what challenges have actually made you a better person and/or entrepreneur
- give a shout out to someone/thing that inspired you: whether to a friend, celeb, author, or LABG piece
WHAT THESE STORIES CAN LOOK LIKE
Here’s some inspiration of a possible direction your piece could take…
- The Seven Questions I Asked That Changed My Life by Susie Moore
- Miss Codependence: How I Learned To Stop Being Polite and Start Getting Real by Whitney Cummings
- 5 Amazing Things That Happened When I Stopped Hating My Body by Michele Lian
1. Original content.
We feature original, exclusive, engaging content that will inspire our readers to take action in their own lives. Please note that by submitting your story, you are granting LABG sole publishing rights. Please be comfortable with this 1-publisher rule before you submit.
2. Word count: 500–1200 words.
We are looking for thoughtful and entertaining stories that will resonate with and inspire our readers. Please include the word count at the top of your submission form.
3. Unique tone.
We want you to write in your own voice but are looking for a positive, uplifting and inspiring tone. Likeabossgirls.com is informational and inspirational. We help our readers follow their heart to the life of their dreams and to take action to achieve their goals.
4. Please use our prompts to launch into your story/essay.
5. Sales pitch-free zone.
We do not accept links to a sales page or paid product. Links we do accept include personal blogs, free ebooks and webinars, and basically any valuable content which will enrich our readers’ lives.
6. Edit before sending!
We have a small team and do not have the ability to check your spelling or edit your grammar. Our advice is to have someone else read your piece to sanity check your grammar and spelling BEFORE you send. If your article is well written and engaging, there is a higher chance of it getting published. So, channel your fav teacher or professor who was a stickler for proofing and make sure you proof read before you press the send button.
7. Tell us about yourself
Please include a 2-3 sentence bio with a photo. You can include one link, only, to your website, blog, or social media platform.
8. A few helpful tips for your submission
- Keep to the requested word count (500-1200 words)
- Please keep it classy (like PG-13 classy)
- Keep your sentences short and punchy. Be focused, direct and concise.
- Make sure to cite sources or resources if you use them.
- Numbers: Please spell out numbers 1–9 (i.e. “one,” “two,” etc.) — numbers 10 and above are to be shown numerically (i.e. “12,” “100,” etc.)
- Once your post is published on likeabossgirls.com, share it with your friends, family, and network!