The world needs love now more than ever. Instead of getting bogged down by the violence and corruption that makes daily news, try spreading positivity with our five ideas for filling the world with love and laughter every day.
This time of year can be tough: After time off for the holidays, most of us face a daunting workload. It’s easy to be consumed with the tasks at hand and sideline self care. Instead, take time to eat right, sleep well and nurture your soul. Remember: A happier, healthier you is a gift that will keep on giving.
Practice random acts of kindness:
We love the idea of practicing random acts of kindness! And there are many simple ways to participate: Buy the coffee of the person in line behind you, feed a meter about to expire, join the bone marrow registry, make a card for a hospitalized kid, donate a pair of jeans to a homeless teen. Try to do one kind thing a day and spread the love!
Make a gift:
Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean you have to stop giving gifts. By crafting a gift for someone in need, you’re not only helping others, but nourishing your soul: tapping into your artistic side and creating something from scratch feels crazy rewarding.
Show the Love:
Gratitude not only feels good, it helps us get ahead in business. Nina Lesowitz, co-author of the new book The Grateful Life: The Secret to Happiness and the Science of Contentment, has mastered the art of building a happier life by showing the love. Check out her tips for crushing it in life and work by showing gratitude every day.
Want to spread love to Mother Earth? Try reducing the amount of trash you create by making little tweaks in your daily lifestyle. Try bringing your own shopping bags or coffee cup when re-upping on groceries or your caffeine fix or for more easy-peasy tips, read about how Zero Waste guru Lauren Singer leads a trash-free life.
- How You Can Change a Woman’s Life - July 12, 2013
- Making a Difference on #MalalaDay - July 10, 2013
- A Wimbledon Winner’s Wise Words - July 8, 2013
- Talkin’ Education With Michelle Obama - July 3, 2013
- This Is a Girl…Who Makes Films That Matter. - July 2, 2013
- Lauren Bush Helps the Hungry + Are You Getting Enough Sleep? - July 1, 2013
- What Do You Need to Be a Successful Entrepreneur? - June 28, 2013
- An Adventure of a Lifetime - June 26, 2013
- Wednesday Scoop: Awesome Opportunity to Travel With Alicia Keys - June 19, 2013
- Monday Scoop: Secrets to Loving Your Body - June 17, 2013