Feeling out of sorts this season? There’s a good reason to feel stressed. According to a WebMD article, “the average American spends 42 hours a year on holiday activities,” such as shopping for for presents and traveling to see friends and family. That’s why we’ve collected some of our favorite Mind, Body + Soul articles to help you handle the holidays (and maybe even have a little fun, too). Here’s how to celebrate without becoming totally drained:
6 Tips For Avoiding the Mid-Winter Blues: The key is to be proactive and tackle the mid-winter blues head-on. It’s not as hard as you might think–it just takes a little planning.
Laugh (A Lot!): As the saying goes, “laughter is the best medicine.” But is it true? Actually, yes. Laughing has tremendous benefits for you, mind, body, and soul.
Tackle Stress with Good Nutrition: Believe it or not, what and how you eat can have a direct impact on how well your body handles the stress in your life. And when you’re already stressed to the max, the last thing you need is for your body to work against you.
Drink More H20: Drinking 8 glasses of water each day can help keep your skin clear, support a healthy metabolism, give you more energy, boost your immune system, and put you in a better mood.
Yoga Poses to Stretch Out the Stress: Looking for a breather? Yoga is a good way to relax when you’re feeling anxious or stressed. Studies have shown that yoga can even help teens with asthma–and reduce muscle pain! Here a three poses to get you started.
- How You Can Change a Woman’s Life - July 12, 2013
- Making a Difference on #MalalaDay - July 10, 2013
- A Wimbledon Winner’s Wise Words - July 8, 2013
- Talkin’ Education With Michelle Obama - July 3, 2013
- This Is a Girl…Who Makes Films That Matter. - July 2, 2013
- Lauren Bush Helps the Hungry + Are You Getting Enough Sleep? - July 1, 2013
- What Do You Need to Be a Successful Entrepreneur? - June 28, 2013
- An Adventure of a Lifetime - June 26, 2013
- Wednesday Scoop: Awesome Opportunity to Travel With Alicia Keys - June 19, 2013
- Monday Scoop: Secrets to Loving Your Body - June 17, 2013